National Child Measurement Programme, England - 2017/18 School Year [PAS]Official statistics, National statistics
- Publication Date:
- 11 Oct 2018
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Regions, Local Authorities
- Deprivation gap for obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for obesity – Year 6
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Year 6
- ONS Area Classification
- Data Quality - Coverage
- Data Quality – Missing and imprecise data
- Data Quality – Timeliness
- Other data sources
- Author, Copyright and Licensing
The difference in obesity prevalence between boys and girls was larger in year 6 than reception.
Underweight prevalence was higher for boys in reception but higher for girls in year 6.
The proportion of children in the healthy weight category is not shown as it would lengthen the scale making the differences for the other categories harder to see.
For more information: Table 1a National Child Measurement Programme, England, 2017/18 school year.