- Deprivation gap for obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for obesity – Year 6
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Year 6
- ONS Area Classification
- Data Quality - Coverage
- Data Quality – Missing and imprecise data
- Data Quality – Timeliness
- Other data sources
- Author, Copyright and Licensing
Other data sources
The Health Survey for England also collects data on childhood obesity covering all children aged 2-15. However as it is a sample the estimates are less precise than those for NCMP for the reception year and year 6 children.
The PHE Obesity Risk Factors Intelligence team (formerly the National Obesity Observatory) conduct additional analyses on the NCMP data and produce a range of tools and reports.
The NCMP covers children attending schools in England only. Other countries in the UK publish similar reports and these are signposted below. There are differences in methods of collection and ages of the children measured which must be taken into consideration when comparing data across the UK countries.
Links to the latest reports from each country are: