- Deprivation gap for obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for obesity – Year 6
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Year 6
- ONS Area Classification
- Data Quality - Coverage
- Data Quality – Missing and imprecise data
- Data Quality – Timeliness
- Other data sources
- Author, Copyright and Licensing
ONS Area Classification
Obesity prevalence for children in reception was highest in disadvantaged urban communities and multicultural city life areas1 for both reception and year 6.
Obesity was least prevalent in urban fringe areas for both age groups.
1. These classifications use census data to identify areas of the country with similar characteristics. For further details see:
For more information: Table 7a (based on postcode of the child), National Child Measurement Programme, England, 2017/18 school year.