National Child Measurement Programme, England - 2017/18 School Year [PAS]Official statistics, National statistics
- Publication Date:
- 11 Oct 2018
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Regions, Local Authorities
- Deprivation gap for obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for obesity – Year 6
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Year 6
- ONS Area Classification
- Data Quality - Coverage
- Data Quality – Missing and imprecise data
- Data Quality – Timeliness
- Other data sources
- Author, Copyright and Licensing
Obesity prevalence was highest for Black1 children in both reception and year 6.
It was lowest for Chinese children in reception and White and Chinese children in year 6.
Underweight prevalence was highest for Asian children in both reception and year 6.
1. Ethnic categories displayed here have been derived by combining lower level NHS ethnic categories. A lower level breakdown is available in table 4.
For more information: Table 4, National Child Measurement Programme: England, 2017/18 school year.