National Child Measurement Programme, England - 2017/18 School Year [PAS]Official statistics, National statistics
- Publication Date:
- 11 Oct 2018
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Regions, Local Authorities
- Deprivation gap for obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for obesity – Year 6
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Year 6
- ONS Area Classification
- Data Quality - Coverage
- Data Quality – Missing and imprecise data
- Data Quality – Timeliness
- Other data sources
- Author, Copyright and Licensing
Obesity prevalence in urban areas was highest in both age groups: 9.8% in reception and 21.0% in year 6.
Underweight prevalence was also highest in urban areas.
For more information: Table 5a, National Child Measurement Programme: England, 2017/18 school year.