National Child Measurement Programme, England - 2017/18 School Year [PAS]Official statistics, National statistics
- Publication Date:
- 11 Oct 2018
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Regions, Local Authorities
- Deprivation gap for obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for obesity – Year 6
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Reception
- Deprivation gap for severe obesity – Year 6
- ONS Area Classification
- Data Quality - Coverage
- Data Quality – Missing and imprecise data
- Data Quality – Timeliness
- Other data sources
- Author, Copyright and Licensing
In general, obesity prevalence was highest in London, West Midlands and North East.
It was lowest in the South West, South East and East of England.
London had the highest prevalence of underweight children at 1.5% in reception and 1.7% in year 6 (not shown on chart).
For more information: Table 3b (region based on postcode of the child), National Child Measurement Programme: England, 2017/18 school year.