Historically, the N3 and Transition Network service provider (BT) delivered a small number of business application services also known as “overlays” as a set of catalogue options for consumers. These comprised:
- N3 Voice - Hosted Voice Services (HVS) and Local Gateway Services (LGS)
- N3 Video Conferencing (VC) services
- N3 Remote Access Solution virtual private network (VPN) tokens
- N3 Other Overlays - including routers, cards, ports, managed firewalls, WiFi and local area networks (LANs)
- N3 Site to Site VPNs (Tunnels)
As a customer migrates from N3 to the HSCN each N3 contracted overlay service will require individual actions. Full guidance on replacing these services can be found on the N3 overlays replacement guidance.