We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
HSCN consumer handbook: contentsOther reports and statistics
- Publication date :
- 25 Apr 2019
- Geographic coverage :
This consumer handbook provides a guide to the services available from HSCN service providers. It includes advice on some of the procedures for managing and maintaining live HSCN services.
The content is structured to provide a general description of the HSCN service, the incident reporting process, and information on the roles and responsibilities of parties within the HSCN model.
Table of contents
An overview of the Health and Social Care Network (HSCN)
This page sets out the responsibilities of:
- HSCN consumers (individuals and organisations using HSCN)
- consumer network service providers (CN-SPs)
- NHS Digital
This page provides guidance on managing your live HSCN service with sections on:
- ceasing legacy services,
- IP address managaemt
- HSCN DNS management and changes
- HSCN change management
- the HSCN internet access form
This section outlines the incident handling model for HSCN.
This page defines:
- service levels
- Incident severity classifications
- the escalations and complaints policy for network providers
- data security
This page contains contact details and links for further information and guidance including:
- HSCN Connection Agreement and the HSCN Portal
- consumer site and organisations contacts
- useful links and contacts
- a summary of further information
Go to next chapter: HSCN consumer handbook: consumer overview
Last edited: 10 May 2019 9:11 am