We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Use this API to access a patient's legitimate relationships. You might want to do this as part of your information governance approach when accessing the Summary Care Record.
- create legitimate relationships
- change the status of a legitimate relationship
- query legitimate relationships
- batch query legitimate relationships
- identify user role profiles
- manage user workgroup membership
This API can only be used where there is a legal basis to do so. Make sure you have a valid use case before you go too far with your development.
You must do this before you can go live (see ‘Onboarding’ below).
This API is stable.
This API is an HL7 V3 API. It is a mixture of:
- synchronous interactions, using HL7 V3 SOAP web services
- asynchronous interactions, using HL7 V3 ebXML messaging
For more details, see HL7 V3.
You can test this API using our Path to Live environments.