We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
The six standards
An overview of each standard can be accessed below;
- Standard 1: Strategy and Service Improvement
- Standard 2: Planning and Learning Needs Analysis
- Standard 3: Design and Delivery
- Standard 4: Administration, Facilities and Equipment
- Standard 5: Team Management and Development
- Standard 6: Evaluation and Assessment.
Each standard is divided into five levels:
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3 (Bronze)
- Level 4 (Silver)
- Level 5 (Gold)
Each level is made up of several individual requirements.
Download the standards
To download the Standards, please email us. Within your email please include:
- your name
- your organisation
- your region in the UK (or other)
- if you are an NHS organisation
The standards now include a self-assessment tool which can be used by training services to compare their current processes and activities against the standards to measure how well they are performing.
The benefits of self-assessment
- Establish an initial benchmark for the training service against which progress can be measured
- Identify where improvements can be made to training services
- Identify evidence to support the self-assessment.
Accessing the self-assessment tool
The self-assessment tool is provided with the Standards, to access these please contact the Training Quality Improvement team at NHS Digital on email@example.com