This service is live, and has been in active use since 2018.
As of June 2023, there are:
- over 450,000 active care plan records accessible through NRL
- 18 NRL providers, including:
- 16 organisations providing mental health crisis plans
- 1 care home providing end of life care plans
- 1 organisation providing emergency care plans
- 12 NRL consumers, including:
- 12 ambulance trusts and mental health trusts consuming mental health crisis plans
- 7 ambulance trusts and mental health trusts consuming end of life plans
- 7 ambulance trusts and mental health trusts consuming emergency care plans
All consumers are currently using the National Care Records Service to access records.
For an up-to-date list of NRL providers and consumers, see the Controller Catalogue spreadsheet.
NRL is a bronze service, meaning it is operational and supported only during business hours (8am to 6pm), Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
NRL API v3 (NRL Futures)
A new version of the NRL API - v3, also known as 'NRL Futures' - is in development. The new version uses our API platform and will be easier to use. It is currently available for sandbox and integration testing. For more details, see NRL APIs.
The new version is expected to be a gold service, meaning it will be available and supported 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.