Use this API to locate and access patient information shared by other healthcare organisations, to support the direct care of those patients, using the National Record Locator (NRL).
As a "provider" or "producer" who holds information about patients, you can:
- create a pointer in the NRL to your information
- replace your NRL pointer with a newer pointer, superseding the old one
- update your NRL pointer status to "entered in error"
- delete your NRL pointer to this information
As a "consumer" who needs access to the patient information being shared by providers, you can:
- search for information by parameters including information ID, patient, information provider, information type, or number of matching results
- retrieve an NRL pointer and access the information
There is a growing list of health and social care organisations authorised to share records using NRL.
Last edited: 12 April 2023 4:25 pm