This document provides guidance on procuring standard business applications on HSCN. These guidelines are intended to be relevant regardless of the network used to access the applications, and may be used when procuring a service accessed over HSCN or the internet.
Business applications services that have standard offerings are now available from a range of suppliers through current government procurement routes. These routes support the government "Cloud First" policy to procure more off-the-shelf products from a more competitive range of suppliers.
There are generic considerations for any application services that they must meet, and some specific functional requirements. This document details the generic guidance for health and social care consumers to consider when procuring applications, and then guidance on specific functionality and service considerations.
Guidance is provided for:
- Hosted voice service (HVS) and local gateway service (LGS)
- Video conferencing services
- Remote access solution VPNs (tokens)
- Other overlays (such as routers, cards, ports, managed firewalls, wi-fi and local area networks)
- Site to site VPNs (tunnels)