Use these APIs to retrieve content from the NHS Digital Terminology Server, including:
- international terminologies and classifications - such as SNOMED-CT and ICD-10
- national terminologies - such as NHS Data Model and Dictionary codes
- directly query the terminology server in real time, using a number of FHIR APIs, as defined by the HL7 FHIR-compliant terminology module standard
- access a syndicated feed of terminology and classifications content in a machine-readable format, via an API
- syndicate content across a group of terminology servers
- share your own terminologies with others
Some content in the NHS Digital Terminology Server is freely available for read access, such as Data Dictionary. Other content is subject to access controls appropriate to the license, such as SNOMED-CT.
To see what terminologies and classifications you can retrieve, see content in the NHS Digital Terminology Server.
As well as these APIs, there are a number of end user terminology browsing tools available.
For more information, see terminology servers.
Last edited: 29 April 2022 7:40 am