Use this API to send a PDF consultation summary to a registered GP practice - using GP Connect Messaging.
- create messages to send using MESH
- use the HL7 FHIR STU3 interoperability standard to define the message structure
- include FHIR messaging information as defined by the ITK3 message distribution standard v2.5.0
For example, to send a document containing a patient's consultation notes to their GP practice when a patient is seen:
- at another GP practice than their own
- by an out of hours service
- by a district nurse at home
Each message sent using this API uses the GP Connect Messaging components, MESH, and ITK3, to deliver the message.
Each message sent is a FHIR Message, defined as a FHIR composition, constructed to meet the ITK3 standard with a specific payload structure.
For more details, see the GP Connect specifications for developers.
Last edited: 6 September 2021 2:10 pm