We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
GP Connect Access Record HTML - FHIR API
View a patient's GP practice record, with read-only access.
Use this API to view a patient's registered GP practice record, with read-only access.
- view a patient’s primary care record by requesting sections or headings
- define a date range to filter larger sections
- incorporate these views directly into Electronic Patient Record systems
- GP practices can view all of the patient’s primary care records even when they are held on a different GP system
- care settings such as NHS111, Physio, Community, Emergency, or Social Care can view the records held by the patient’s GP practice to better inform any care decisions they make for a patient
For more details, see the GP Connect specifications for developers.
This API (v0.7.3) is stable.
This API is a FHIR API.
For more details, see FHIR.