Improvements enabled by ECDS
ECDS Type 011 is better equipped to keep pace with the increasing complexity of delivering emergency care than its predecessor. This means that the improved quality of data collected in emergency departments provides better support to healthcare planning and better-informed decision making on improvements to services.
This improved data helps improve understanding of:
- the complexity and acuity of attending patients
- the causes of rising demand
- the value added by emergency departments.
ECDS also allows:
- the capture of better diagnostic data to ensure an enhanced understanding of need, activity and outcomes
- consistent monitoring of data across local and national initiatives
- support for injury surveillance, such that it will be possible to identify patterns that may be amenable to targeted interventions and improved public health.
Which in turn informs more effective and efficient resource deployment.
Last edited: 2 March 2021 9:41 am