We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Emergency Care Data Set (ECDS) SNOMED request form
Before you start
This form is to specifically request new ECDS SNOMED codes or request an amendment to existing ECDS SNOMED codes.
Do not use this form to submit general ECDS queries and any non-code related queries. General queries should be emailed to: [email protected].
Before submitting any requests using the form
Please read and note the following:
- if you are submitting a suggestion for a new code such as a diagnosis, please review the latest ECDS ETOS (Enhanced Technical Output Specification) available from the ECDS guidance web pages, to check if a code already exists
- you can also access previous requests through the ECDS query log. Before you submit a request, please use this tool to establish if a similar query has been previously received and reviewed
- if there is a generic code which already covers the diagnosis, you may want to use this higher-level code before submitting a detailed diagnosis description
- requests will be logged and then reviewed by the ECDS Technical Committee, who meet regularly - the Technical Committee will decide whether to include or decline the request
- requests must be made on the basis of one code per submitted form (requests for multiple codes in the same form will be rejected)
- the information submitted in the below form may be published in the ECDS query log on the ECDS Forum and/or NHS England ECDS web pages
What you can use this form for
The SNOMED code (for example diagnosis) does not exist in the ECDS data set
There is no generic high-level code which will cover the information requirement (for example disease)
There is a generic high-level code and you wish to submit a more detailed description for consideration
What you should not use this form for
General ECDS queries
To code symptoms as diagnoses, for example chest pain. Symptoms are coded in the Chief Complaint list
Requests to add multiple codes in a single form
We found some errors in the details you provided. Please check below for details.