We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
The NHS e-Referral programme provides a training environment for end users. This mirror live e-RS and allow training on a life-like system, without the risk of accessing or altering real data.
Who should use the environment
Any user who has knowledge of e-RS can use the environment. This means:
- users who are familiar with, and had training on, the e-RS system
- trainers and training teams
Using the environment
To use the training environment, you will need:
- internet access (the environment is supported on Internet Explorer 11, Chrome and Firefox)
- a username and password
- to set up your own data - referrals for example
Key points to note for the training environment are that:
- users will require an internet connection
- local IT support maybe required to allow access through local firewall
- this environment is connected to an artificial Patient Administration System (PAS) to allow the booking process to be simulated
- prepopulated services are available within the environment for any users to refer into
- users can create their own services
- users will be required to create specific referral data
- all users will have access to all services and data created within the environment
- access to the environment can take between 1-2 days
- this environment is usually updated to reflect the live functionality 1-2 days after each update of the live e-RS
- any data created in the environment (services and referrals) will be removed after each update
- generic accounts cannot be created for training teams
Contact email@example.com if you need an environment for testing purposes.