Data published on potential COVID-19 symptoms reported through NHS Pathways and 111 online
Notes for editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology partner of the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2019/20 financial year, NHS Digital published 265 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- NHS Pathways is a clinical tool used for assessing, triaging and directing contact from the public to urgent and emergency care services. It enables patients to be triaged effectively and ensures that they are directed to the most appropriate service available at the time of contact. It is used in all NHS 111 services in England and approximately half of 999 ambulance services.
- All telephony data in this mapping tool are collected from the time that NHS Pathways release R19.3.3 was made available. Provider sites went live with this release at different times during the week commencing 16th March. As a result of this staggered adoption of the release data for NHS Pathways telephony in this report commences on Wednesday 18th March, with all provider sites live on Release 19.3.3 by this date; this is to ensure an even coverage across the different providers and an even saturation of colours in the mapping tool.
- 111 Online is a fast and convenient alternative to the 111 phone service and provides an option for people who want to access 111 digitally. It is one of several digital NHS services that are empowering people to manage their own health and care. 111 online is only accessible for those aged 5 and over.
- Where there may be any small numbers (less than 6 triages) these data have been suppressed by using the value 5 where the true value is between 1 and 5, this explanation also appears when hovering over a CCG.
Last edited: 13 January 2022 10:40 am