This adaptor is a self-hosted component - you must deploy it within your own environment. You can deploy the adaptor where you like, for example in a public or private cloud environment.
To demonstrate what we think makes a secure, scalable, and available deployment, we have created two examples of cloud environment, based on AWS and Azure.
We have used Terraform for automated deployment.
For more details on the two exemplars and Terraform implementations, see the Lab Results Adaptor GitHub repository.
A Docker image for the adaptor can be found within Docker Hub along with the install guidelines:
In order to perform end-to-end testing of this adaptor, you need access to an NHS Digital test environment. We provide several environments to test these adaptors against:
- Opentest is an environment which can be used to perform initial test activities such as proof of concept where a Health & Social Care Network (HSCN) connection is not available.
- all other integration test activities are to be performed within a Path To Live environment. These activities include Development, Integration, Deployment and Non-functional tests.
To set up and configure Opentest, see Set up NHS Digital Opentest connection.
To set up and configure Path to Live connectivity, see Path to Live environments.
Lab Results adaptor will require access to the Laboratory test environment through a relevant MESH mailbox.
For access to this environment, please email the NHS Digital Platforms Support Helpdesk with your contact details and the following specific requirements:
- a single MESH mailbox
- the number of laboratories linked to this mailbox
For each Laboratory we need to know:
- NHS Code (15-digit) – read SRID_01_A_001.doc for more information
- MESH mailbox owned by the Laboratory to be able to send NHSACK confirmation messages back
Last edited: 11 November 2021 11:27 am