Expressing an interest
If you meet the prerequisites and have a product that can integrate with GP Connect, you should express an interest with us by submitting a use case.
The main purpose of the use case is to help us understand how you plan to use GP Connect APIs and the business issue you are looking to address. You should email your use case to us at email@example.com.
Your use case should include the following information as a minimum:
- the business problem you are intending to solve using GP Connect
- how GP Connect will be used in practice to benefit patients and staff
- which of the GP Connect products you will use to benefit patients and staff
- any end user organisations you are currently working with
- who your clinical safety officer is and, where available, your clinical risk management process documentation
Once we receive your use case, we'll respond within 14 days.
Consumer assurance process
Once we approve your use case, we support you through the assurance process to go live. We will discuss the assurance process and artefacts with you to help you understand our requirements.
Start your development work within 6 months of use case approval. If you miss this date, a review or new submission of the use case will be required. Changes or additional development will also require a review or new use case submission. For full details of the technical conformance process, see GP Connect Consumer Supplier Test Assurance for achieving Technical Conformance (PDF).
Clinical assurance process
We are here to support you to develop clinically safe systems in line with your responsibility to achieve the relevant DCB0129 or DCB0160 clinical safety standards.
We host a series of meetings to help you develop clinically safe systems:
- initial meeting
- clinical safety process readiness review meeting
- clinical evaluation of readiness for deployment meeting
For more information, see Clinical assurance process details.