This report presents a range of information on smoking by adults and children drawn together from a variety of sources for England. More information can be found in the source publications which contain a wider range of data and analysis.
Newly published information includes:
* NHS Digital: National smoking related admissions from Hospital Episode Statistics (HES).
* NHS Digital: Prescription items used to help people stop smoking from prescribing data.
* NHS Digital: Statistics on smoking related deaths and affordability of tobacco, compiled using existing data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
* NHS Digital: Statistics on Women’s Smoking Status at Time of Delivery (SATOD).
* ONS: Adult Smoking Habits.
The latest information from already published sources includes:
* Public Health England (PHE): Local Authority smoking related admissions and deaths data from the Local Tobacco Control Profiles.
* NHS Digital: NHS Stop Smoking Services (SSS).
* NHS Digital: Smoking Drinking and Drug Use amongst young people (SDD).
* NHS Digital: Health Survey for England (HSE).
* Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD): Health at a Glance.
All data is for England unless otherwise stated.
More information can be found in the source publications which contain a wider range of data and analysis.
Most figures quoted have been rounded to the nearest whole number. Data sources may quote unrounded figures.