We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Statistics on Smoking - England , 2018 [PAS]Official statistics, National statistics
- Publication Date:
- 3 Jul 2018
- Geographic Coverage:
- United Kingdom
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Local Authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Strategic Health Authorities, Government Office Regions
- Date Range:
- 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Mar 2018
This report presents a range of information on smoking which is drawn together from a variety of sources. The report aims to present a broad picture of health issues relating to smoking in England and covers topics such as smoking prevalence, habits, behaviours and attitudes among adults and school children, smoking-related ill health and mortality and smoking-related costs.
Key facts cover the latest year of data available (shown in brackets).
The report also includes information on:
- E-cigarette prevalence.
- Affordability and expenditure on tobacco.
- Prescriptions for stop smoking aids.
- Use and success rate of NHS stop smoking services.
- Where pupils get cigarettes, and their attitudes to smoking.
- Selected local level analysis.