Accompanying this publication are the following additional files and tools to enable further analysis:
Excel Bulletin Tables
England-level figures, September 2021:
- FTE by job role and staff group (including FTE from contracted services), England
- Headcount by job role (not including contracted services), England
- FTE by job role for contracted services, England
- FTE by job role in each NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSEI) Region, Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) or Integrated care system (ICS), Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), and Primary Care Network (PCN) (including FTE from contracted services)
- Headcount by job role NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSEI) Region, Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) or Integrated care system (ICS), Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), and Primary Care Network (PCN) (not including contracted services)
These publications include a zipped file containing an Individual-level CSV and associated guidance.
The Individual-level CSV is comprised of a row for each role in the Primary Care Network workforce, with a pseudonymised ID number - labelled UNIQUE_IDENTIFIER - assigned to each individual. If an individual is working multiple roles in the Primary Care Network workforce, the same UNIQUE_IDENTIFIER will appear for each role they are working. This means that, by counting distinct instances of UNIQUE_IDENTIFIER within various groups, accurate headcounts within those groups can be calculated. The UNIQUE_IDENTIFIER numbers are reassigned for each publication and so cannot be used to track individuals over time across different publications.
For contracted services records, the UNIQUE_IDENTIFIER has been left blank. This is because contracted services data captures no personal information about the staff fulfilling the contracted responsibilities, only the total hours of work provided, and therefore only full-time equivalent information is available for these roles. For this reason, these rows should not be included in any headcount calculations and there is no inferable relationship between the FTE and Headcount figures in this publication.
The Individual-level CSV includes information about the CCG each individual works within and provides the same information available in tables 2a and 2b of the bulletin tables, in an open data format but at individual level rather than aggregated for each PCN.