Background to the collection
The Hospital and Community Health Services Complaints Collection (KO41a) has been accepted by the Standardisation Committee for Care Information (SCCI) and is now mandatory.
All NHS organisations and those delivering NHS services are required to submit Quarterly returns to NHS Digital.
The information obtained from the KO41a collection monitors written hospital and community health service complaints received by the NHS. It also supports the commitment given in equity and excellence to improve the patient experience by listening to the public voice. The data required for this collection is as follows:
- section 1: organisation details and organisation site details
- section 2: Summary of overall numbers of complaints
- section 3: Age of patient
- section 4: Status of complainant
- section 5: Service area
- section 6: Subject area of clinical treatment with sub-categories
- section 7: Subject area
- section 8: Profession
Last edited: 8 July 2021 10:00 am