We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
- Overview of SMSP for PDS and its capabilities, the connection and compliance processes
- The NHS Digital self-certified approach, involving completion of the PDS Access Request Form and the Supplier Conformance Assessment List
- How to request access to PDS via SMSP
- This is the first step for interested organisations, either Supplier or End User.
We have provided a diagram to show a high level summary of the stages you will need to take.
We have also provided a diagram which shows the high level summary of the application stages.
- Access to Personal Demographic Service
- Describes the NHS Digital scrutiny process that establishes if the purpose for which the data is required represents a legal basis for NHS Digital sharing that data with the organisation
- Covers the completion of the PDS Access Request Form.
- Approvals checklists, the Connection Agreement, End User Organisation Policy and Special Terms.
Last edited: 2 August 2019 1:06 pm