We recommend a maximum of 3 OC1s per organisation. In exceptional circumstances we will consider a maximum of 5.
As an OC1, we want you to:
- act as an authority to keep us updated with any changes to your organisation's name, address and contact details
- keep us updated when locations are no longer needed, or you do not need activity recorded (where we manage sites for your organisation)
- understand the impact of requesting new sites and the systems where they will be visible
- understand the impact of requesting a site closure and the impact to systems and services that consume our data
- ensure there is always a nominated organisation contact (OC1) within your organisation to act in this capacity for us
- provide organisation and site codes which support your organisation and enable a variety of NHS systems to link additional information to these codes
- ensure your name appears correctly in NHSmail
- enable Information Governance assessment submission
- enable the recording of activity on Commissioning Data Set returns
- enable you to view your sites on our ODS portal or request a spreadsheet from our support team
To request changes including new codes, use the form above.
It's important to notify us of any changes and we will send direct requests from colleagues to you for authorisation.
We will not issue codes for wards or services, but we will issue codes for distinct treatment locations, which can be uniquely identified by name and postcode.
An exception are codes supporting electronic prescriptions (ePACT) for trusts only - these codes are identifiable and excluded from the Care Identity Service (CIS) and the Spine Directory Service (SDS).
The letter Z is reserved and unavailable to use within a site code.