Skip to main content

Request a new code or update organisation details

Access to forms including new organisation or site code requests, abeyance and dispersal, consultant code Spine upload requests and registering a new organisation, contact (OC1).

AD1 abeyance and dispersal

Apply for a new code (only abeyance and dispersal) or an amendment of an existing code.

Boundary Change

Use this form to request inter-ICB and intra-ICB boundary changes.

Consultant code Spine upload request

GP code Spine upload request

GP practice moves

Use this form to request a GP practice move between 2 ICBs or within a single ICB.

OC1 registration

Register a new organisation contact (OC1), or amend details of an existing contact. This form must be submitted by the current OC1.

If the code request relates to the vaccination programme, the OC1 form is not required.

Find out more about OC1s

We recommend a maximum of 3 OC1s per organisation. In exceptional circumstances we will consider 5 OC1s per organisation.

As an OC1, we want you to:

  • act as an authority to keep us updated with any changes to your organisation's name, address and contact details
  • keep us updated when site codes are no longer needed
  • understand the impact of requesting new site codes and the systems where they will be visible
  • understand the impact of requesting a site code closure and the impact to systems and services that consume our data
  • ensure there is always a nominated organisation contact (OC1) within your organisation to act in this capacity for us

ICB OC1s may be required to provide guidance on more strategic requirements from ODS, such as requirements for greater granularity of report submissions, Continuing Healthcare Patient Level datasets (CHC PLDS) or possible ‘place’ codes.

We will:

  • provide organisation and site codes which support your organisation and enable a variety of NHS systems to link additional information to these codes
  • enable you to view your sites which we have coded via ODS products including the ODS portal or request a spreadsheet from our support team

ODS codes enable access to key national systems including but not limited to:

  • NHSmail
  • information governance assessment submission
  • recording of activity on Commissioning Data Set returns

Requesting changes

To register an OC1 or add additional OC1s against an organisation, use the OC1 registration form. If the organisation has an existing OC1 they must submit the form.

As an OC1, you can use the Site Request Form to:

  • request changes to your organisation code 
  • request new site codes or amendments to existing site codes for your organisation 

It's important that as an OC1 you notify us of any changes. We will direct colleagues in your organisation to you if they contact ODS regarding ODS data amendments.

We will not normally issue codes for wards or services, but we will issue codes for distinct treatment locations (sites), which can be uniquely identified by name and postcode.

There are exceptions, such as codes supporting FP10 prescription pads and electronic prescriptions (ePACT) for trusts only. ODS can also act on instructions from NHS England national programmes.

Organisation code request

This form is used to request an Organisation Code. The form must be completed by the organisation requiring the code, not a third party.

If you are an optician and you require a new site code or a change to existing details for General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) contract, please contact the NHS Business Service Authority via [email protected].

If you are a Private Optician without/not applying for a General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) contract, please complete this form and add that you are ‘Private optician without/not applying for GOS contract’ to question 10 under other.

Optical code request

This form is to request or amend an Optical code. The form must be completed by the NHS Business Service Authority via [email protected].

PCN ODS Change Instruction Notice

Use this form to request a code for a new PCN, make changes to existing PCN or close existing PCN codes.

Safe Haven

Apply or amend Safe Haven details.

Site request

Apply for site codes for the following organisations types (you must already have an organisation code): NHS trust, care trust, CCG, ISHP and ePact codes (trust only), GUMCAD online. Amend or close any code type (issued by ODS).

Last edited: 20 February 2024 3:59 pm