Once a GP surgery has onboarded to the service and the unique registration link is live, patients can navigate to register with them using the following steps:
1. Log in to the NHS App and select 'Find NHS service near you' from the menu options.
2. Select ‘GP’ from the list of services. This will take you to ‘Find a GP’.
3. Enter a full UK postcode to find a GP surgery near you.
4. A list of all GPs that cover your postcode will be displayed. GP surgeries that are enrolled with the service will show a link to ‘Register online with this GP’. Click this link to get started. You will also see whether a surgery is accepting new patients and if they accept out of area patients.
5. You can also filter the results to only show GP surgeries that offer online registration. Click on ‘Filter results’ and select ‘Online registration available’ from the drop-down menu, and then click the ‘Apply filters’ button.
6. A list of surgeries offering online registration that cover your postcode will be displayed. Choose a GP from the list then select ‘Register online with this GP’ to get started.
7. You will be taken to the Register with a GP surgery service. Click ‘Start now’ to begin registration.
8. See the questions asked during the online registration process.