We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Message Exchange for Social Care and Health: mailbox request form
NHS organisations, IT specialists, adult social care teams and individuals can use this form to request a MESH mailbox.
Before you begin
To complete this form you will need to know:
- Whether you require a MESH mailbox for the Live Environment or Testing (Path to Live) Environment.
- The workflow IDs required for this new mailbox. This is a key requirement and completion of this section of the form is frequently completed with insufficient detail to allow the request to be processed. This often results in further requests for information from the user and delays creation of new mailboxes. We recommend you read the guidance on Workflow Groups and Workflow IDs before completing this form.
- The organisation name of the mailbox owner. If the workflows that you require do not currently exist please raise a request for a new workflow before submitting this form.
- The organisation data service (ODS) code for the mailbox owner.
- The ODS code of the third party organisation if managing the mailbox on your behalf (if applicable).
- The contact details (name, email and phone number) of a nominated representative within your organisation who will be the administrator (NHS Digital contact) for the mailbox.
- The contact details (name, email and phone number) for any third-parties managing the mailbox on your behalf (if applicable).
- The Workflow IDs (business flow/type of data) associated with the messages/files you are transferring.
- The approximate file size of the data you'll be sending.
An ODS code is required for a MESH mailbox. Please do not continue completing this form without providing an ODS code. The ODS are responsible for publishing codes that identify organisations and individuals across health and social care. If you do not know your ODS code, do not currently have an ODS code or need more information about ODS codes, visit the ODS web pages. The ODS portal can be used to search for your ODS code and the website contains information on how to request a code.
Complete all required fields.
The form will be sent to our national service desk for processing.
GP practice staff and health informatics providers should contact their clinical system supplier. These mailboxes are usually managed by the clinical system suppliers so please check with them in the first instance before completing and submitting this form.
Please do not send any medical information via this form.
This service allows you to access patient identifiable data from SPINE.
All your existing confidentiality responsibilities apply as well as established privacy and security policies and procedures. In particular, data extracted must be protected appropriately, whether stored locally, on servers, on removable media or paper, and destroyed when no longer needed for the original purpose for which it was obtained. If you are unsure of your responsibilities, or need to refer to relevant documentation, please contact your local information governance team.
Read the removable media guidance for health and care organisations.
We found some errors in the details you provided. Please check below for details.
Please submit this form to request a new MESH mailbox from the MESH service team.
Thank you for submitting your Message Exchange for Social Care and Health (MESH) mailbox request form. We will review the information submitted and contact you within 10 days with your mailbox information.
Currently, you’ll need to accept all cookies to submit this form. We are trying to fix this as soon as possible. See 'Cookie consent' in the footer of this page to change your cookie preferences. You can restore your cookie preferences after submitting the form, if you wish.
If you do not wish to change your cookie preferences, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your request.