We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Quality and Outcomes Framework Achievement Data - England, 2005-06, PCT levelOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 28 Sep 2006
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- GP practices, Dental practices, Pharmacies and clinics, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Country, Strategic Health Authorities, Primary Care Organisations, Clinical Commissioning Regions, Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2005 to 31 Mar 2006
If you are already familiar with QOF, you can go straight to the information you need using the resources listed above.
If you are new to QOF, we recommend you read the QOF information page.
This publication includes PCT level-specific data for QOF 2005-2006. For links to all QOF data for 2005-2006, see The Quality and Outcomes Framework, 2005-06.
You can also browse the QOF online database to find results for your local surgery.
How to access the data
The Information Centre collates the data on GP practice results and presents it in three forms
- A 2005/06 QOF statistical bulletin containing details of the QOF Achievement results, summarising the main findings for the year.
- for healthcare professionals and other researchers wanting further analysis, 2005/06 QOF data detailed spreadsheets are available for all components of the QOF, including achievement for specific chronic diseases. The spreadsheets are available at the level of: general practice, primary care trust (PCT), and strategic. health authority (with an England summary).
- An easy-to-use online database that allows patients to see how well their GP practice is achieving.
The average QOF points achieved by general practices in England was 1,010.5 points, representing 96.2 per cent of the total 1,050 points available to each practice.
The average points achieved for the clinical domain was 534.2 points (97.1 per cent of the maximum 550 available).
Data on prevalence in 11 disease areas is presented for 8,406 practices in England. The highest recorded prevalence rate was for hypertension (12 per cent of patients registered with these practices).