We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Data on written complaints in the NHS, 2015-16 Quarter 3, ExperimentalNational statistics
- Publication Date:
- 13 Apr 2016
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Ambulance Trusts, Care Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Hospital and Community Health Services, Hospital Trusts, Hospital Sites, Independent Sector Health Care Providers, Mental Health Trusts, NHS Trusts, GP practices, Regions, Dental practices
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2015 to 31 Dec 2015
This new quarterly collection (annual prior to 2015-16) is a count of written complaints made by (or on behalf of) patients. Data are collected via the KO41a and are for complaints about NHS Hospital and Community Health Services (HCHS) in England. The data relates to the complaints arrangements introduced in April 2009.
The results within this publication are provisional and experimental and so care should be taken when interpreting the results
The NHS complaints procedure is the statutorily based mechanism for dealing with complaints about NHS care and treatment and all NHS organisations in England are required to operate the procedure.
- This is the latest publication of a quarterly series of the Data on written complaints in the NHS.
- This publication does not include GP and Dental complaints which are collected separately, on an annual basis, the latest available information is available via the link at the bottom of this page.