We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Publications and notifications
Data Coordination Board (DCB) activity resumed
Following a period of pause to allow a focus on COVID-19 activity, the Data Coordination Board has resumed its governance of national standards and collections, including those being stood up to support COVID-19 planning and research.
See below for recent Notifications issued by DCB.
- DCB Notification: 4 September 2020
- DCB Notification: 3 July 2020
- DCB Notification: 26 May 2020
- DCB Notification: 14 April 2020
- DCB Notification: 17 March 2020
- DCB Notification: 10 March 2020
- DCB Notification: 10 February 2020
- DCB Notification: 13 January 2020
- DCB Notification: 20 December 2019
- DCB Notification: 18 November 2019
- DCB Notification: 7 November 2019
- DCB Notification: 31 October 2019
To receive Notifications about standards activity please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the options below to find published standards documentation.
- Recently published Information Standards Notices
- Current standards
- Information standards notices (1 April 2010 to 31 March 2014)
If you can't find the material you need, please contact the Publication and Knowledge Management team at email@example.com for assistance.
Assurance certificates are awarded to all information standards and data collections (known collectively as standards) that successfully meet the assurance quality criteria set by the Data Coordination Board (DCB).
An alphabetical list of all current nationally approved information standards and data collections (including extractions)
Information Standards Notices (ISNs) are published to announce new or changes to information standards published under section 250 of the Health and Social Care Act 2012.
A short version of the Schedule of Approved Collections which forms part of the NHS Standard Contract. The Schedule helps commissioned service providers identify if they are contractually obliged to submit data.