We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Look out for the new faces of the NHS App - coming soon!
96% of people across England now have access to the NHS App and we are looking for around 10 NHS App Ambassadors to front our campaign promoting the app to NHS staff and patients.
Now available to download on all IOS and Android devices, the app allows patients to book appointments at their GP practice, manage repeat prescriptions, view their medical records, set organ donation preferences and much more.
Applications to find our NHS App Ambassadors are now open to NHS staff from all professions, grades and backgrounds. Whether you are a nurse, porter, doctor, or allied health professional, we want to hear from you.
What is an NHS App Ambassador?
As a face of the NHS App, you will be a passionate NHS staff member who understands how digital technology can improve care and people’s experiences of the NHS.
The NHS App is for everybody and is particularly useful for people who use NHS services regularly, such as pregnant women and people with long term health conditions. We are especially keen to hear from you if you manage your own health and care online or want to do so. Maybe you need repeat prescriptions or have regular appointments for monitoring and treatment?
We’ll be looking to our NHS App Ambassadors to promote the app with conviction and talk with confidence about its benefits.
What does an ambassador do?
- You’ll feature in our promotional app photography and videos, talking about the NHS App and its benefits.
- You’ll spread the word and promote the NHS App through your own networks, including family, friends, colleagues and patients. We’ll provide the tools you’ll need to do this through email, social media, networking and, perhaps, your local media.
Why get involved?
You’ll be able to:
- get recognition as an official NHS App Ambassador and be featured in our promotional materials
- develop your leadership and persuasion skills
- access a network of passionate and technologically minded NHS colleagues
- use NHS materials, including social media tools, to support your work
How do I sign up?
Applications are now closed.