The Health and Social Care Network (HSCN) programme will provide new and significantly different network services to the N3 network it succeeds.
HSCN will create the effect of a single network across health and social care providers and their partners. It will support more integrated care and is available to all health and social care organisations in England.
HSCN Internet Protocol address management process
As part of your migration to HSCN, you may want or need to migrate your existing IP addresses or require new IP addresses. This will be managed by the Internet Protocol Address Management (IPAM) team.
NHS Digital will manage and administer the HSCN IP addressing policy and the IPAM function. The IPAM team will manage the allocation and return of subnets from the HSCN IP address space and ensure that all migrated ranges are correctly identified.
All HSCN customers need to:
- Request access to the HSCN portal by emailing email@example.com
- Ensure that you request ‘IPAM delegate’ permissions under your parent ODS code (e.g. trust or CCG level) and not site ODS codes (e.g. a trust site or GP practice.)
- Complete an IPAM form via the HSCN portal.
- The IPAM team will acknowledge your submission within five working days.
- Your requested IP addresses and migration date will be reviewed by the IPAM team, with every effort will be made to meet your requirements.
- The IPAM team will send an email confirmation within five working days from the date of acknowledgement or contact you if further details are required.
Requirement for additional IP addresses
This form is only for organisations with sites already connected to HSCN that have a requirement for an additional allocation of IP addresses from the NHS private IP address space; 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255.
This form should not be used to request NHS private IP address allocations for sites connected to the Transition Network (legacy N3).
Further information and enquiries
For enquiries please email the HSCN IPAM team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further guidance will also be made available via supplier and consumer webinars. You can find details of upcoming webinars on the HSCN news and events page or email email@example.com to request content from previous webinars.
Policy and guidance documents
HSCN IP addressing policy
Further information is available from the HSCN IP addressing policy. The policy applies to all direct connections to the HSCN from organisations of all types, including NHS, social care, and third-party organisations, such as application providers.
HSCN IP addressing good practice guidelines
The HSCN IP addressing good practice guidelines document provides advice and guidance for IP addressing and related key protocols for organisations connected to HSCN.
HSCN IP addressing guidance for transition
This transition guidance document is designed to provide advice relating to IP addressing for organisations migrating from the Transition Network (TN) to the HSCN.
Transition Network IP addressing policy
The Transition Network IP addressing policy details the current NHS Digital IP addressing for Transition Network (legacy N3) users.