HSCN IP address management
The Health and Social Care Network (HSCN) provides new and significantly different network services to the predecessor NHS network.
HSCN creates the effect of a single network across health and social care providers and their partners. It is designed to support more integrated care and is available to all health and social care organisations in England.
HSCN Internet Protocol address management process
NHS Digital maintains the HSCN IP addressing policy and administers the IPAM function. The IPAM team manages the allocation and return of subnets from the HSCN IP address space.
Only IP addresses allocated by the IPAM team should be advertised across HSCN. Advertising addresses not allocated by the NHS Digital IPAM team is not permitted.
All HSCN customers need to:
- Request access to the HSCN portal by emailing email@example.com.
- Ensure that you request ‘IPAM delegate’ permissions under your parent ODS code (such as trust or CCG level) and not site ODS codes (such as a trust site or GP practice).
- Complete an IPAM form via the HSCN portal.
- The IPAM team will acknowledge your submission within five working days.
- Your requested IP addresses and migration date will be reviewed by the IPAM team, with every effort will be made to meet your requirements.
- The IPAM team will send an email confirmation within five working days from the date of acknowledgement or contact you if further details are required.
Requirement for additional IP addresses
This form is only for organisations with sites already connected to HSCN that have a requirement for an additional allocation of IP addresses from the NHS private IP address space; 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255.
Further information and enquiries
Policy and guidance documents
HSCN IP addressing policy
Further information is available from the HSCN IP addressing policy. The policy applies to all direct connections to the HSCN from organisations of all types, including NHS, social care, and third-party organisations, such as application providers.
HSCN IP addressing good practice guidelines
The HSCN IP addressing good practice guidelines document provides advice and guidance for IP addressing and related key protocols for organisations connected to HSCN.