Statistics on Smoking, England - 2019 [NS] [PAS]Official statistics, National statistics
- Publication Date:
- 2 Jul 2019
- Geographic Coverage:
- United Kingdom
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Local Authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Strategic Health Authorities, Government Office Regions
- Date Range:
- 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Mar 2019
This report presents an annual review of information on smoking by adults and children drawn together from a variety of sources.
Newly published information includes:
- NHS Digital: Smoking-related admissions from Hospital Episode Statistics (HES).
- NHS Digital: Prescription items used to help people stop smoking from prescribing data.
- NHS Digital: Statistics on smoking related deaths and affordability of tobacco, compiled using existing data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
- NHS Digital: Statistics on Women’s Smoking Status at Time of Delivery (SATOD).
- ONS: Adult Smoking Habits – smoking prevalence and use of e-cigarettes.
The latest information from already published sources includes:
- Public Health England (PHE): Local Authority smoking related admissions and deaths data from the Local Tobacco Control Profiles.
- NHS Digital: NHS Stop Smoking Services (SSS).
- NHS Digital: Smoking Drinking and Drug Use amongst young people (SDD).
- NHS Digital: Health Survey for England (HSE).
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD): Health at a Glance.
All data is for England unless otherwise stated.
More information can be found in the source publications which contain a wider range of data and analysis.
Most figures quoted in this report have been rounded to the nearest whole number. Data sources may quote unrounded figures.