This report presents a range of information on obesity, physical activity and diet drawn together from a variety of sources for England. More information can be found in the source publications which contain a wider range of data and analysis.
Newly published data includes:
• NHS Digital: Obesity related admissions from Hospital Episode Statistics (HES).
• NHS Digital: Prescription items used to help treat obesity from prescribing data.
• Sport England: Analyses of physical activity data at Local Authority level from the Active Lives Survey (ALS).
The latest information from already published sources includes:
• NHS Digital: Obesity, physical activity and diet analyses from The Health Survey for England (HSE).
• NHS Digital: Child obesity data from the National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP).
• Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD): Comparisons acorss OECD countries from the Health at a Glance report.
• Department of Transport: Analyses from the Walking and Cycling Statistics publication.
• Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Food and drink expenditure from the Family Food publication.
• Public Health England: Diet and nutrition analyses from the National Diet and Nutrition Survey (NDNS).
All data is for England unless otherwise stated.
Most figures quoted have been rounded to the nearest whole number. Data sources may quote unrounded figures.