Statistics on Obesity, Physical Activity and Diet, England, 2019
This is part of Statistics on Obesity, Physical Activity and DietNational statistics
- Publication Date:
- 8 May 2019
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Local Authorities, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2017 to 31 Dec 2018
This report presents information on obesity, physical activity and diet drawn together from a variety of sources for England. More information can be found in the source publications which contain a wider range of data and analysis. Each section provides an overview of key findings, as well as providing links to relevant documents and sources. Some of the data have been published previously by NHS Digital.
A data visualisation tool (link provided within the key facts) allows users to select obesity related hospital admissions data for any Local Authority (as contained in the data tables), along with time series data from 2013/14. Regional and national comparisons are also provided.
Key facts cover the latest year of data available:
- Admissions 2017/18
- Adult obesity 2017
- Childhood obesity 2017/18
- Fruit and vegetable consumption 2017
The report also includes information on:
- Obesity related bariatric surgery.
- Prescriptions items for the treatment of obesity.
- Perception of weight and weight management.
- Food and drink purchases and expenditure.
- Physical activity levels.
- Walking and cycling rates.