We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
NHS Staff - 1995-2005, OverviewOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 24 Apr 2006
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- NHS Trusts, Primary Care Organisations, Hospital Trusts, Ambulance Trusts, GP practices, Dental practices, Pharmacies and clinics, Community health services, Primary Care Trusts, Regional health body, Care Trusts, NHS Health Boards, Hospital and Community Health Services, Mental Health Trusts, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date Range:
- 30 Sep 1995 to 30 Sep 2005
All NHS Staff refers to those directly employed by the NHS in Hospital and Community Health Services (HCHS) and by GP practices contracted to the NHS. It excludes high street dentists and ophthalmic practitioners.
This publication is made up of three main staff group areas, which can be found by following the links:
- Non-Medical staff 1995 - 2005
- Medical and Dental staff 1995 - 2005
- General Practice staff 1995 - 2005