For the first time, in 2015/16 Local Enhanced Service (LES) payments made by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) have been extracted from NHS England's Integrated Single Finance Environment (ISFE) and included in the report; in previous years 1 , only data extracted from NHAIS were published. These payments account for £267 million 2 .
The payments reflected in this report exclude invoices raised by providers that were paid directly from other sources, for example by NHS England Regions or Local Authority Public Health funding: again, the exception being the LES payments made locally by CCGs.
The data (rounded to the nearest £100,000) show the sum of NHS payments made in 2015/16 through the NHS Digital GP Payments system was
- £8,182.6 million across 7,841 general practice service providers; this compares with £7,990.3 million to 7,959 providers in 2014/15.Of this £8,182.6 million
- £4,882.9 million was paid to 4,892 providers with a GMS contract compared to £4,186.9 million to 4,480 GMS providers in 2014/15;
- £3,074.6 million was paid to 2,653 providers with a PMS contract compared to £3,590.6 million to 3,190 PMS providers in 2014/15;
- £225.0 million was paid to 296 providers with a APMS contract compared to £212.8 million to 289 providers in 2014/15.
- By dispensing status:
- £1,766.3 million was paid to 1,111 dispensing providers in 2015/16, compared to £1,728.4 million to 1,118 providers in 2014/15;
- £6,416.3 million was paid to 6,730 non-dispensing providers in 2015/16, compared to £6,262 million to 6,841 providers in 2014/15.
- The mean average sum of NHS payments, to the 7,841 providers in 2015/16 was £1,043,561 compared to a median sum of £915,871. This compares to a mean average sum of £1,003,936 and a median sum of £881,146 paid to the 7,959 providers in 2014/15.
- The average NHS payment, to a provider per registered patient was £142.62 in 2015/16 compared to £141.09 in 2014/15.
1 Data for years prior to 2013/14 are not available.
2 Please note that Local Enhanced Service payments made via the Integrated Single Finance Environment are not available for years prior to 2015/16, as such comparisons between years should be made with caution.
3 Figures may not sum due to rounding.