The NHS Outcomes Framework (NHS OF) is a set of indicators developed by the Department of Health and Social Care to monitor the health outcomes of adults and children in England. The framework provides an overview of how the NHS is performing. This report provides information about the indicators updated in this release.
Update 29 January 2020:
An error has been identified which affects multiple breakdowns for the 2017/18 data period in indicator 2.1. The following data has been removed from the current data set pages; the data has not been removed from historic versions of this publication.
- Deprivation, ethnicity, long-term conditions, religion and sexual orientation breakdowns.
- Four lower tier local authorities (LTLAs) contained duplicated data. The data for the affected LTLAs has been removed.
The November 2019 release provides new data for the following indicators:
- 2.2 Employment of people with long-term conditions
- 2.5.i Employment of people with mental illness
- 3.7.ii Tooth extractions due to decay for children admitted as inpatients to hospital, aged 10 years and under
- 4.3 Patient experience of A&E services
- 5.6 Patient safety incidents reported
The following indicators have been signposted to a publication which will cover a new data period:
- 1.6.ii Five-year survival from all cancers in children
The following indicators have not been updated with new data periods due to availability of data:
- 1.1 Under 75 mortality rate from cardiovascular disease
- 1.2 Under 75 mortality rate from respiratory disease
- 1.3 Under 75 mortality rate from liver disease
- 1.4 Under 75 mortality rate from cancer
- 2.1 Proportion of people feeling supported to manage their condition
- 4.4.i Access to GP services
- 4.4.ii Access to NHS dental services
- 4a.i Patient experience of primary care - GP services
- 4a.iii Patient experience of primary care - NHS dental services
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip files in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent NHS Outcomes Framework publication. A link is provided in the resources section below.
The government's open data policy is about making data easy to find, easy to use and free to access. The data.gov.uk website supports this policy by bringing datasets from government departments and public sector bodies together in one place. You can explore NHS Outcomes Framework indicator data on the data.gov.uk website using the link in the resources section below.
Last edited: 29 January 2020 1:37 pm