NHS Outcomes Framework Indicators - November 2015 ReleaseOpen data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 19 Oct 2015
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Local Authorities, Regions
The NHS Outcomes Framework provides national level accountability for the outcomes the NHS delivers; it drives transparency, quality improvement and outcome measurement throughout the NHS. It also sets out the national outcome goals that the Secretary of State uses to monitor the progress of NHS England. It does not set out how these outcomes should be delivered, it is for NHS England to determine how best to deliver improvements by working with Clinical Commissioning Groups to make use of the tools at their disposal.
This November 2015 release includes new data points for the following indicators:
- 1a.i Potential years of life lost (PYLL) from causes considered amenable to healthcare - Adults
- 1a.ii Potential years of life lost (PYLL) from causes considered amenable to healthcare - Children and young people
- 1.1 Under 75 mortality rate from cardiovascular disease
- 1.2 Under 75 mortality rate from respiratory disease
- 1.3 Under 75 mortality rate from liver disease
- 1.4 Under 75 mortality rate from cancer
- 1.4.i One-year survival from all cancers
- 1.4.ii Five-year survival from all cancers
- 1.5.i Excess under 75 mortality rate in adults with serious mental illness
- 1.6.ii Five-year survival from all cancers in children
- 2.2 Employment of people with long-term conditions
- 2.5.i Employment of people with mental illness
- 3.5.i Hip fracture: Proportion of patients recovering to their previous levels of mobility at 30 days
- 3.5.ii Hip fracture: Proportion of patients recovering to their previous levels of mobility at 120 days
- 3.6.i Proportion of older people (65 and over) who were still at home 91 days after discharge from hospital into reablement / rehabilitation services
- 3.6.ii Proportion offered rehabilitation following discharge from acute or community hospital
- 5.6 Patient safety incidents reported
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip file in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent NHS Outcomes Framework publication. A link is provided in the resources section below.
The government's open data policy is about making data easy to find, easy to use and free to access. The data.gov.uk website supports this policy by bringing datasets from government departments and public sector bodies together in one place. You can explore NHS Outcomes Framework indicator data on the data.gov.uk website using the link in the resources section below.