NHS Outcomes Framework Indicators - May 2015 ReleaseOpen data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 19 May 2015
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Local Authorities, Regions
The NHS Outcomes Framework indicators form part of the NHS Outcomes Framework. These indicators have been designed to provide national-level accountability for the outcomes the NHS delivers and drive transparency, quality improvement and outcome measurement throughout the NHS. They do not set out how these outcomes should be delivered; it is for NHS England to determine how best to deliver improvements.
The May 2015 release includes new data points for the following indicators:
- 1c Neonatal mortality and stillbirths (formerly indicator 1.6.ii)
- 1.6.i Infant mortality
- 2.2 Employment of people with long-term conditions
- 2.5.i Employment of people with mental illness (formerly indicator 2.5)
- 5.1 Deaths from venous thromboembolism (VTE) related events
- 5.6 Patient safety incidents reported (formerly indicators 5a, 5b and 5.4)
Confidence intervals have been amended for the following indicators:
- 1a Potential years of life lost (PYLL) from causes considered amenable to healthcare - all ages (retired as of May-15)
- 1a.i Potential years of life lost (PYLL) from causes considered amenable to healthcare - adults
- 1a.ii Potential years of life lost (PYLL) from causes considered amenable to healthcare - children and young people
The Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip files in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent NHS Outcomes Framework publication. A link is provided in the resources section below.