NHS Outcomes Framework Indicators - August 2015 ReleaseOpen data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 19 Aug 2015
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Local Authorities, Regions
The NHS Outcomes Framework provides national level accountability for the outcomes the NHS delivers; it drives transparency, quality improvement and outcome measurement throughout the NHS.
It also sets out the national outcome goals that the Secretary of State uses to monitor the progress of NHS England. It does not set out how these outcomes should be delivered, it is for NHS England to determine how best to deliver improvements by working with Clinical Commissioning Groups to make use of the tools at their disposal.
In order to make future improvements we are keen to understand more about how the NHS Outcomes Framework indicators and commentary are used. We have set up a short survey which can be accessed from the related links section below. The survey will remain open until the 16th October 2015 and any feedback would be gratefully received.
Please note that an additional commentary report, dashboard, data files and pre-release access list were added to the resource section of this publication page on the 22nd September 2015. These new documents relate to indicators derived from GP Patient Survey (GPPS) data that were due to be updated in August but due to delays in receiving the source data this was not possible. These indicators have now been updated and a list of the indicators affected is included below in the key facts section.
The documentation added to the resources section in August 2015 included new data for the following indicators:
- 2.2 Employment of people with long-term conditions
- 2.5.i Employment of people with mental illness (formerly indicator 2.5)
- 4b Patient experience of hospital care
- 4.2 Responsiveness to inpatients' personal needs
- 4.6 Bereaved carers' views on the quality of care in the last 3 months of life
- 5.2.i Incidence of healthcare associated infection - MRSA
- 5.2.ii Incidence of healthcare associated infection - C. difficile
The documentation added to the resources section in September 2015 included new data for the following indicators:
- 2 Health-related quality of life for people with long-term conditions
- 2.1 Proportion of people feeling supported to manage their condition
- 2.4 Health-related quality of life for carers
- 4a.i Patient experience of primary care - GP services
- 4a.ii Patient experience of primary care - GP out-of-hours services
- 4a.iii Patient experience of primary care - NHS dental services
- 4.4.i Access to GP services
- 4.4.ii Access to NHS dental services
The Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip files in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent NHS Outcomes Framework publication. A link is provided in the resources section below.
The government's open data policy is about making data easy to find, easy to use and free to access. The data.gov.uk website supports this policy by bringing datasets from government departments and public sector bodies together in one place. You can explore NHS Outcomes Framework indicators on the data.gov.uk website using the link in the resources section below.