We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
NHS Outcomes Framework Indicators - April 2012 ReleaseOpen data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 24 Apr 2012
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts, Hospital and Community Health Services
The NHS Outcomes Framework indicators form part of the NHS Outcomes Framework, which provides national-level accountability for the outcomes the NHS delivers and drives transparency, quality improvement and outcome measurement throughout the NHS.
This release includes two indicators new to the NHS Outcomes Framework publication:
- 1.4.vii - Under 75 mortality rate from cancer
- 4.7 - Patient experience of community mental health services
It also includes new data for the following indicators:
- 1.1 - Under 75 mortality rate from cardiovascular disease
- 1.2 - Under 75 mortality rate from respiratory disease
- 1.3 - Under 75 mortality rate from liver disease
- 4.1 - Patient experience of outpatient services
- 5a - Patient safety incident reporting
- 5b - Severity of harm
- 5.4 - Incidence of medication errors causing serious harm
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent NHS Outcomes Framework publication. A link is provided in the resources section below.