The Female Genital Mutilation Prevalence Dataset (ISB 1610) is a monthly return of data from acute hospital providers in England. It is an aggregated return of the incidence of FGM including women who have been previously identified and are currently being treated (for FGM related or non FGM related conditions as at the end of the month) and newly identified women within the reporting period. It has been a mandated collection from 1 September 2014.
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) - September 2014, Experimental Statistics
This is part of Female Genital MutilationOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 16 Oct 2014
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Date Range:
- 01 Sep 2014 to 30 Sep 2014
For the month of September 2014:
- 125 of the 160 eligible acute trusts in England submitted signed off data.
- 1,279 active cases(i) and 467 newly identified(ii) cases of FGM were reported nationally.
- Patients identified as having a history of any FGM type prior to the reporting period and still being actively seen/treated for FGM-related conditions or any other non-related condition at the end of the month. Note: does not include those patients within NUMBER OF PATIENTS WITH FGM NEWLY IDENTIFIED IN REPORTING PERIOD (i.e. identified within this reporting period)
- Patients first identified during the reporting period as having undergone FGM. This will include those diagnosed/identified within the provider within the month.