The Female Genital Mutilation Prevalence Dataset (ISB 1610) is a monthly return of data from acute hospital providers in England. It is an aggregated return of the incidence of FGM including women who have been previously identified and are currently being treated (for FGM related or non FGM related conditions as at the end of the month) and newly identified women within the reporting period. It has been a mandated collection from 1 September 2014.
Publication, Part of Female Genital Mutilation
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) - November 2014, Experimental StatisticsOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 18 Dec 2014
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Hospital Trusts
- Date Range:
- 01 Nov 2014 to 30 Nov 2014
For the month of November 2014:
- 124 of the 157 eligible acute trusts in England submitted signed off data.
- 1,803 active cases(1) and 466 newly identified(2) cases of FGM were reported nationally.
- Patients identified as having a history of any FGM type prior to the reporting period and still being actively seen/treated for FGM-related conditions or any other non-related condition at the end of the month. Note: does not include those patients within NUMBER OF PATIENTS WITH FGM NEWLY IDENTIFIED IN REPORTING PERIOD (i.e. identified within this reporting period).
- Patients first identified during the reporting period as having undergone FGM. This will include those diagnosed/identified within the provider within the month.
Last edited: 1 November 2018 9:53 am