We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Cervical Screening Programme, England - 2019-20 [NS]Official statistics, National statistics
- Publication Date:
- 26 Nov 2020
- Geographic Coverage:
- United Kingdom
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Strategic Health Authorities, Local Authorities, Primary Care Trusts, Regions
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2019 to 31 Mar 2020
- Appendix E: Outcomes of gynaecological referral
- Appendix F: Data validation and data quality
- Appendix G: Uses of statistics
- Appendix H: Feedback from users
- Appendix I: Related publications and web links
- Appendix J: Impact of HPV primary screening
- Appendices References
- Quality statement
- Author, Copyright and Licensing
Women between the ages of 25 and 64 are invited for regular cervical screening under the NHS Cervical Screening Programme. This is intended to detect abnormalities within the cervix that could, if undetected and untreated, develop into cervical cancer.
This statistical report, co-authored with Public Health England (PHE), reports on the NHS Cervical Screening Programme for England in 2019-20. It includes data on the call and recall system, on screening samples examined by pathology laboratories and on subsequent referrals to colposcopy clinics.
Interactive dashbaord showing relevant statistics at LA, CCG and region level.
This tool may not be fully accessible for all users