We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
CSDS sets out national definitions for the extraction of data about children and adults including:
- personal and demographic
- social and personal circumstances
- breastfeeding and nutrition
- care event and screening activity
- diagnoses, including long-term conditions and disabilities
- scored assessments
These activities could take place in settings such as health centres, Sure Start centres, day care facilities, schools or community centres, mobile facilities, or a patient's own home.
CSDS v1.5 is the current version of the data set; headline changes from the previous version include:
- 4 new tables
- Additional data items added (such as ‘Primary Data Collection System in Use’)
- Updates to value lists for some data items (such as ‘Person Relationship (Main Carer)’)
- Inclusion of new Assessment Scales (such as ‘Karnofsky Performance Status Scale’)
- Move from data submissions on the BSP to SDCS Cloud
The Strategic Data Collection Service (SDCS) Cloud is the submission tool for the Community Services Data Set (CSDS) v1.5.
Provides links to all publications relating to statistics produced from the Community Services Data Set (CSDS).
Implementation, tools and guidance documents for the Community Services Data Set (CSDS).
The CSDS v1.0 was the earlier version of the data set which went live in October 2017 and was replaced by CSDS v1.5 in July 2020.